Here at Beryl, we have a clear vision: to build a better world by getting more people in cities moving sustainably.
Our aim is to be the UK's leading micromobility company, delivering financially sustainable shared schemes to UK communities. As the only B-Corp micromobility operator, we care about community, safety, the environment, and effective design.
Beryl is growing nationally, and now is the most exciting time to join our team.
As Beryl’s Head of Design and CX, you’ll drive three key areas within your department:
Digital Product Design
You will ensure that the product design team is “designing the right thing, and designing it right”, whilst managing the design workload and mentoring the team.
As a brand with a physical service accessed through digital tools, it is key to ensure the craft and UX considerations do not stop in the digital realm, but are carried over to every single touchpoint with our users.
You’ll be constantly helping to shape and evolve our Beryl brand. Making sure all consumer touchpoints reflect our brand principles and remain consistent.
You’ll be supported by specialised teams to drive these three key areas, and there’s ample opportunity for you to shape your team in a way that best matches your skillset and vision. You’ll also work directly with our local authority partners to help articulate and advocate for your vision of CX within a bike and micromobility scheme.
CX and Design
- Define and drive Beryl’s vision for the best in class micromobility user experience. As the head of CX it is your responsibility to look after each interaction between our service and our customers, and to ensure it helps hit our user growth and retention targets.
- Work with the wider digital team and other areas of the business, to deliver such a vision alongside key business priorities.
- Grasp full comprehension of our business needs and direction, user goals and pain-points. You will lead well considered and solution-based projects to meet the requirements of our audience.
- Be data driven, constantly reaching out to our users to understand their user experience with our service.
- Ensure communication channels are clear and consistent across the wider team and key stakeholders.
- Help grow and evolve our digital products; lending expertise that help to scope and prioritise feature work.
- Maintain and nurture a high design bar across every touchpoint of our service;
- Nurture and mentor the design team, while guiding them through their day to day work.
- You will be the guardian of our Beryl brand, ensuring it remains true to our vision and guidelines, but also pushing its boundaries and evolving it into the next stage: a successful micro-mobility brand.
- You’ll set up and maintain processes to ensure every customer touchpoint is consistently branded, and with customers we don’t only mean riders, but also cities, councils and our own internal operations team.
- Ensure Beryl brand guidelines are protected and maintained across all business development opportunities, safeguarding and promoting the Beryl brand and vision.
- Guide the marketing team while they produce content suitable for their needs.
- Support in content creation for promoting the brand across a variety of media (video, photo, etc).
- Support our Policy team through bringing concepts to life, creating templates and assets needed for tenders and business growth.
- Support the commerciality of our business through partnerships and sponsorships.
- Support the hardware team by helping steer decisions around our vehicles, locking systems, IoT form factors, etc.
As the Head of Design & CX your invaluable skills will help shape how we deliver effective and enjoyable micro-mobility solutions to cities.
- You are a designer at heart, with a great eye for detail and confident on applying design principles across a variety of channels and mediums. You don’t need to be an expert on every single channel, you’ll have specialised teams to help you out with the details, however you should be able to set up a vision and drive it;
- You’ll have experience managing and mentoring teams in an agile product development environment;
- You have strong interaction and visual design skills, and are capable of guiding the team through the digital design process;
- You are a passionate designer always striving to craft innovative experiences capable of solving problems while bringing joy to our users.
At Beryl, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be fairly reviewed for the role without regard to race, religion, sexuality, age, disability, gender identity, nationality, or any other protected status. We particularly welcome people from a BAME background or those who are disabled as they are currently under-represented in our workforce. If you wish to discuss reasonable adjustments for this role please indicate this within your application and we will be in touch with you.
While upholding the Equalities Act we are committed to continuing to improve our workplace culture and environment. We strive to maintain an inclusive workplace, to support and nurture all our staff, and champion mental health and wellbeing activities. We want our teams to feel represented, heard, and to help them grow and achieve their professional goals.
We value employees from diverse backgrounds and family arrangements, and have flexible working policies that support our staff in balancing their personal and work lives.
The following steps will be taken to ensure the application and recruitment process for our Head of Design and CX role is as fair as possible, you should expect the following:
- We aim to review all applications in the first 2 stages (Application/Shortlist) anonymously using redacting software.
- We cross reference all applications against a pre-set, job specific requirement matrix.
- Successful candidates will be subject to a two stage interview process with various key stakeholders. A standardised question and scoring system will be used during the interview process.
- Unsuccessful candidates will be provided with feedback on closure of the application process.
Successful candidates will be subject to reference or job-specific background checks after an offer of employment is made.