PMO Coordinator - Greater Manchester
Salary expectation: £27,500 - £33,000
Start date: ASAP
Commencing hiring date: 9th September 2021
Closing date: 30th September 2021
Here at Beryl, we have a clear vision: to build a better world by getting more people in cities moving sustainably...
Our aim is to be the UK's leading micromobility company, delivering financially sustainable shared schemes to UK communities. As the only B-Corp micromobility operator, we care about community, safety, the environment, and effective design.
Beryl is growing nationally, and now is the most exciting time to join our team.
We provide sustainable transport options to various cities nationwide through the provision of bike, e-bike and e-scooter schemes. We are looking for a talented PMO Coordinator to join our Operations department. The role will report to our Programme Manager.
The role will be primarily based in our Manchester office, with flexibility to work from home when appropriate. There will be opportunities to also visit our other bike, e-bike and e-scooter schemes.
This is a key role within the Programme and Delivery Team and its purpose is to provide support to the programmes and projects, to underpin achieving cost, quality, plans and benefits.
The PMO role will assist in developing and implementing the delivery plan.
You will achieve the above by ensuring that all projects adhere to the best practices and standard approaches for project management. You will be responsible for building and maintaining risk and dependency logs, milestone trackers, progress and action chasing across delivery teams, supporting regular programme reporting and communicating with our Customer project teams.
- Proven ability to take on responsibility, pursue excellence and see tasks through to completion
- Exemplary communication skills with excellent written/oral communication skills for reports and presentations
- Personable, proactive, professional and able to demonstrate full commitment to customer care and service in all activities and interact at all levels of the organisation
- Work as a key member of the Programme & Delivery team and will take on responsibility for tasks singularly
- Highly numerate
- Possess the expert knowledge to identify opportunities for change and the ability to convey the need for change
- Has shown growth in their previous companies
Reporting to the Programme and Delivery Director the PMO role will be responsible for:
- Assisting in the establishment and maintenance of frameworks and standards for Programme and Project Management
- Managing and compiling Programme related financial and KPI information and assisting the Programme and Project Managers in reporting to Senior Management and external customers in the required formats
- Supporting the Risk Coordinator in implementation and maintenance of Risk Logs, Action Logs, Decisions Logs, and Issue Registers
- Supporting the provision and maintenance of capacity planning and resource tracking services across the Programmes
- Ensuring cross-programme dependencies are managed and the dependency log is accurately maintained
- Providing a quality assurance role in line with defined Programme Management Office process
- Coordinating milestone acceptance material
- Support the Planning, executing, controlling and closing multiple projects within the wider teams
- Document management and tracking of all deliverables
- General ad hoc administrative duties
Experience & skills
While the ideal candidate should fulfil most of the list below, we know that ideal candidates rarely exist, so we will consider all applications from people keen on learning to fill in any gaps.
- At least three years of relevant PMO experience
- Highly efficient in resource planning and tasks assignment
- Highly proficient IT skills in Google and MS including MS Project
- Strong skills in creating and maintaining project and programme plans, including risks, actions, issues, dependencies
- Knowledge, experience and certifications in any of the following are highly desirable:
- Programme and Project Support Office (BCS Professional Certification (formerly ISEB) PPSO);
- Managing Successful Programmes (MSP™)
- PRINCE2, PMP or equivalently qualified in similar project management methodologies
- Any PMO qualification or experience
- Ability to be flexible and pragmatic
- Experience in working in small companies and start-ups with fast moving scope
- Be proactive
- Have an excellent eye for detail.
- Be confident with using initiative as well as managing time.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Be open to learning new skills.
What we are offering in return
- The opportunity to build business and help Beryl on our journey to become one of the biggest micromobility providers in the world.
- A combination of the highest quality team and product - we are winning work because of our ability to demonstrate that we are market leading in both respects.
- Enough autonomy and resources to make your vision a reality.
- A flexible working environment
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- 24 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Beryl Bikes membership
- Online perks and discounts including free yoga every Wednesday and access to Headspace
- Family and friends product discounts
At Beryl, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be fairly reviewed for the role without regard to race, religion, sexuality, age, disability, gender identity, nationality, or any other protected status. We particularly welcome people from a BAME background or those who are disabled as they are currently under-represented in our workforce. If you wish to discuss reasonable adjustments for this role please indicate this within your application and we will be in touch with you.
While upholding the Equalities Act we are committed to continuing to improve our workplace culture and environment. We strive to support all staff and maintain an inclusive workplace, we champion and support mental health and wellbeing activities.
We value employees from diverse backgrounds and family arrangements, and have flexible working policies that support our staff in balancing their personal and work lives.
The following steps will be taken to ensure the application and recruitment process for our PMO Coordinator is as fair as possible, you should expect the following:
- We review all applications in the first 2 stages (Application/Shortlist) anonymously using redacting software.
- We cross reference all applications against a pre-set, job specific requirement matrix.
- Successful candidates will be subject to a 2 stage interview process (phone screening and virtual interview). A standardised question and scoring system will be used during the interview process.
- Unsuccessful candidates will be provided with feedback on closure of the application process.
Successful candidates will be subject to reference or job-specific background checks after an offer of employment is made.