Supply Chain and Manufacturing Manager
Here at Beryl, we have a clear vision: to build a better world by getting more people in cities moving sustainably.
Our aim is to be the UK's leading micromobility company, delivering sustainable shared schemes to UK communities. As the only B-Corp micromobility operator, we care about community, safety, the environment, and effective design.
Beryl is growing nationally, and now is the most exciting time to join our team.
- Work with electronics CEMs (Contract Electronics Manufacturers) to put in place assembly instructions, establish and manage bill of materials, work through supply issues, monitor and track progress to ensure deliveries are on track
- Work with mobility products and manufacturing partners to establish and monitor production schedules and logistics
- Be the primary point of contact between Beryl and mobility products suppliers Identify potential suppliers based on project requirements
- Take lead on contract negotiation, support by the finance team
- Raise purchase orders with finance team to acquire goods
- Manage repair and warranty processes with suppliers to ensure cost efficient repairs
- Establish and maintain an effective inventory system linking operations, inventory levels and order forecasting.
- Manage vendor relationships and evaluate performance
- Support the operations team in their delivery of continuous product improvements
- Extensive experience working in the procurement department in a related field, including management of CEMs
- Experience working with manufacturers in Taiwan or China
- Strong negotiation, procurement and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent spreadsheet and project management skills
What we are offering in return
- The opportunity to build business and help Beryl on our journey to become one of the biggest micromobility providers in the world.
- A combination of the highest quality team and product - we are winning work because of our ability to demonstrate that we are market leading in both respects.
- Enough autonomy and resources to make your vision a reality.
- A flexible working environment
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- 24 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Beryl Bikes membership
- Online perks and discounts including free yoga every Wednesday and access to Headspace
- Family and friends product discounts
At Beryl, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be fairly reviewed for the role without regard to race, religion, sexuality, age, disability, gender identity, nationality, or any other protected status. We particularly welcome people from a BAME background or those who are disabled as they are currently under-represented in our workforce. If you wish to discuss reasonable adjustments for this role please indicate this within your application and we will be in touch with you.
While upholding the Equalities Act we are committed to continuing to improve our workplace culture and environment. We strive to support all staff and maintain an inclusive workplace, we champion and support mental health and wellbeing activities.
We value employees from diverse backgrounds and family arrangements, and have flexible working policies that support our staff in balancing their personal and work lives.
The following steps will be taken to ensure the application and recruitment process for our Supply Chain and Manufacturing Manager is as fair as possible, you should expect the following:
- We review all applications in the first 2 stages (Application/Shortlist) anonymously using redacting software.
- We cross reference all applications against a pre-set, job specific requirement matrix.
- Successful candidates will be subject to a 2 stage interview process (phone screening and virtual interview). A standardised question and scoring system will be used during the interview process.
- Unsuccessful candidates will be provided with feedback on closure of the application process.
Successful candidates will be subject to reference or job-specific background checks after an offer of employment is made.