Redistribution Driver & Battery Swapper
Here at Beryl, we have a clear vision: to build a better world by getting more people moving sustainably.
Our aim is to be the UK's leading micromobility company, delivering financially sustainable shared schemes to UK communities. As the only B-Corp micromobility operator, we care about community, safety, the environment, and beautiful design.
Beryl is growing, both nationally and internationally, and now is the most exciting time to join our team.
In Beryl our scheme drivers are an essential part of our Operations - they underpin the logistics of a scheme by ensuring the availability and balance of hire vehicles across our schemes, supporting battery swapping at key times and sometimes carry out checks and minor repairs on the street.
The role works closely with local scheme management and the Beryl Control Room, to ensure the close coordination, redistribution and maintenance our fleet of assets. Good collaborative team work is vital to this role.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that you and the vehicle you are driving are safe at all times.
- Ensuring public safety by driving legally and safely
- Collecting any vandalised bikes or e-scooters that have been reported to our dedicated Control Room.
- Communicating with management and key personnel to inform them of any disruptions to redistribution routes.
- Balancing our vehicle bays to ensure the planned amount of assets are available for hire.
- Swapping the batteries of our electric on-street vehicles.
- Accurately recording and documenting all interactions through our dedicated App.
- Identifying and reporting technical issues with hire vehicles
- Comfortable working independently as well as in a team.
- Provide assistance to the general public in a polite and professional manner.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We need someone who:
- Is conscientious and motivated to work autonomously, whilst also able to collaborate and work in a team.
- Holds a clean and full UK driving licence.
- Punctual with good time management skills.
- Able to adapt to new procedures - is a keen and quick learner.
- Interest in biking/cycling is preferred but not essential.
- Able to work well under pressure.
At Beryl, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be fairly reviewed for the role without regard to race, religion, sexuality, age, disability, gender identity, nationality, or any other protected status. We particularly welcome people from a BAME background or those who are disabled as they are currently under-represented in our workforce. If you wish to discuss reasonable adjustments for this role please indicate this within your application and we will be in touch with you.
While upholding the Equalities Act we are committed to continuing to improve our workplace culture and environment. We strive to support all staff and maintain an inclusive workplace, we champion and support mental health and wellbeing activities.
We value employees from diverse backgrounds and family arrangements, and have flexible working policies that support our staff in balancing their personal and work lives.
The following steps will be taken to ensure the application and recruitment process for our Redistributions Driver & Battery Swapper role is as fair as possible, you should expect the following:
- We review all applications in the first 2 stages (Application/Shortlist) anonymously using redacting software.
- We cross reference all applications against a pre-set, job specific requirement matrix.
- Successful candidates will be subject to an interview face-to-face or via video conference. A standardised question and scoring system will be used during the interview process.
- Unsuccessful candidates will be provided with feedback on closure of the application process.