Redistribution Driver & Battery Swap Operator - Norwich
Here at Beryl, we have a clear vision: to build a better world by getting more people in cities moving sustainably...
Our aim is to be the UK's leading micromobility company, delivering financially sustainable shared schemes to UK communities. As the only B-Corp micromobility operator, we care about community, safety, the environment, and effective design.
Beryl is growing nationally, and now is the most exciting time to join our team.
We are looking for a talented and versatile Redistribution Driver & Battery Swap Operator to carry out the redistribution of Beryl assets. The role will help to support and maintain Beryl’s Bike and E-Scooter share scheme throughout the city of Norwich.
As a Redistribution Driver & Battery Swap Operator you will be responsible for ensuring our bike, e-bike and e-scooter fleet is operational and accessible to our customer base.
Please note that you will be working 5 shifts a week over 7 days on differing rotations.
Including but not limited to:
- Carry out the battery swaps for our fleet of e- bikes and e-scooters throughout Norwich;
- Redistribute bikes/scooters between our workshop and the scheme, whilst flagging asset issues through our integrated app;
- Use our technology provided to plan workload and keep work records;
- Take responsibility for the charging of our electrical assets;
- Follow all Covid-19 company controls and guidelines at our depot/workshop, in van and on-street;
- Help to support continuous service improvements;
- Provide general support to our customer base on-street, assist with hire enquiries and provide exemplary customer service;
- Perform ad-hoc tasks as required.
- Hold a full, clean and valid Driving Licence;
- Have a can-do attitude;
- Be punctual and highly motivated;
- Have flexibility with relation to shift allocation;
- Confident with lone working, able to work well independently;
- Good local knowledge is an advantage.
- 32 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays;
- Online perks and discounts;
- Cycle to Work Scheme;
- Beryl Bikes Membership;
- Family and friends product discounts.
At Beryl, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be fairly reviewed for the role without regard to race, religion, sexuality, age, disability, gender identity, nationality, or any other protected status. We particularly welcome people from a BAME background or those who are disabled as they are currently under-represented in our workforce. If you wish to discuss reasonable adjustments for this role please indicate this within your application and we will be in touch with you.
While upholding the Equalities Act we are committed to continuing to improve our workplace culture and environment. We strive to support all staff and maintain an inclusive workplace, we champion and support mental health and wellbeing activities.
We value employees from diverse backgrounds and family arrangements, and have flexible working policies that support our staff in balancing their personal and work lives.
The following steps will be taken to ensure the application and recruitment process for our Redistribution Driver & Battery Swap Operator role is as fair as possible, you should expect the following:
- We cross reference all applications against a pre-set, job specific requirement matrix.
- Successful candidates will be subject to a 1 stage interview process via video conference. A standardised question and scoring system will be used during the interview process.
- Unsuccessful candidates will be provided with feedback on closure of the application process.