Here at Beryl, we have a clear vision: to build a better world by getting more people moving sustainably...
Our aim is to be the UK's leading micromobility company, delivering financially sustainable shared schemes to UK communities. As the only B-Corp micromobility operator, we care about community, safety, the environment, and beautiful design.
Beryl is growing, both nationally and internationally, and now is the most exciting time to join our team.
The Role at Beryl
The role of mechanic at Beryl is central to what we do - maintaining micromobility vehicles for use in our schemes. We are building teams across the country and whilst each has a local flavour we will all work to the same standards, job requirements and targets to maintain the same open and supportive culture.
Beryl brings our teams together day to day operationally through our control room. Maintaining good records and operating to the same standards is key to our success and ability to grow, and allowing the control room to support every role in our schemes.
As a Beryl Mechanic you will;
- Prioritise personal and workshop health and safety, flagging any concerns locally and speak directly to senior Beryl management if you have concerns that are not being addressed.
- At all times work to Beryl standards ensuring maintenance and vehicle builds provide safe vehicles to our Customers.
- Follow guidance from senior mechanics for complex jobs to continually improve your skill set.
- Keep accurate service and maintenance records whilst completing vehicle builds and repairs in our App.
- As required, update our stock control systems to ensure records are up to date
- Pass Beryl mechanics’ training and other internal qualifications that are needed to ensure we are all working to the same standards
- Help to support Beryl’s continual learning and improving by pointing out recurring issues with our vehicles
- Carry out some on-street redistribution and repair duties, if required.
- Keep yourself up to date with changes to processes and parts used on vehicles
- Be a team player, working and helping your local and the wider Beryl team
- Do general housekeeping in workshops and communal areas.
Mechanical background and interest preferable.
- A keen interest in the micro-mobility sector.
- A full and clean driving licence is desirable.
- Good communication skills.
- Punctual with good time-keeping skills.
- Team player
- A quick learner, who is able to follow instructions
- The opportunity to build business and help Beryl on our journey to become one of the biggest micromobility providers in the world.
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- 32 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Beryl Bikes membership
- Online perks and discounts
- Family and friends product discounts
At Beryl, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be fairly reviewed for the role without regard to race, religion, sexuality, age, disability, gender identity, nationality, or any other protected status. We particularly welcome people from a BAME background or those who are disabled as they are currently under-represented in our workforce. If you wish to discuss reasonable adjustments for this role please indicate this within your application and we will be in touch with you.
While upholding the Equalities Act we are committed to continuing to improve our workplace culture and environment. We strive to support all staff and maintain an inclusive workplace, we champion and support mental health and wellbeing activities.
We value employees from diverse backgrounds and family arrangements, and have flexible working policies that support our staff in balancing their personal and work lives.
The following steps will be taken to ensure the application and recruitment process for our Mechanic role is as fair as possible, you should expect the following:
- We will review your answers to the application questions against a pre-set, job specific requirement matrix.
- You will be invited to one interview with HR and an established member of the Norwich team. A standardised question and scoring system will be used during the interview process.