Firmware Engineer - Job Description
Application Deadline: 06/05/2022
Here at Beryl, we have a clear vision: to build a better world by getting more people moving sustainably...
Our aim is to be the UK's leading micromobility company, delivering financially sustainable shared schemes to UK communities. As the only B-Corp micromobility operator, we care about community, safety, the environment, and beautiful design.
Beryl is growing nationally and now is the most exciting time to join our team.
Responsibilities for the Firmware Engineer include but are not limited to:
- Firmware development for new and existing embedded systems
- Support the product development team with the creation of new products and prototypes
- Carry out research/technical investigations
- Maintain project schedules and communication within the development team
- Report and present to senior management on project status and schedules
- Provide test fixture support for manufacturing, QA, and contract manufacturers.
Required skills and experience
While the ideal candidate should fulfil most of the list below, we know that ideal candidates rarely exist, so will consider all applications from people keen on learning to fill in any gaps.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or a related field
- Experience in RTOS embedded software design, development and debugging in
- C/C++ (bare metal embedded design is a requirement)
- Comfortable taking initiative and working across teams
- Experience in designing products for wireless networks (GSM, UMTS, LTE), GPS,
- WiFi and Bluetooth wireless systems
- Experience with processor architecture, digital circuit design and various
- communications protocols such as I2C, UART, SPI, USB, MIPI, I2S, etc.
- Knowledge about Linux/Yocto would be beneficial although not require
What we are offering in return
- The opportunity to build business and help Beryl on our journey to become one of the biggest micromobility providers in the world.
- A combination of the highest quality team and product - we are winning work because of our ability to demonstrate that we are market leading in both respects.
- Enough autonomy and resources to make your vision a reality.
- A flexible working environment
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- 24 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Beryl Bikes membership
- Online perks and discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Family and friends product discounts
At Beryl, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be fairly reviewed for the role without regard to race, religion, sexuality, age, disability, gender identity, nationality, or any other protected status. We particularly welcome people from a BAME background or those who are disabled as they are currently under-represented in our workforce. If you wish to discuss reasonable adjustments for this role please indicate this within your application and we will be in touch with you.
While upholding the Equalities Act we are committed to continuing to improve our workplace culture and environment. We strive to support all staff and maintain an inclusive workplace, we champion and support mental health and wellbeing activities. We value employees from diverse backgrounds and family arrangements, and have flexible working policies that support our staff in balancing their personal and work lives.
The following steps will be taken to ensure the application and recruitment process for our Firmware Engineer role is as fair as possible, you should expect the following:
- We will review your answers to the application questions against a pre-set, job specific requirement matrix.
- A standardised question and scoring system will be used during the interview process, for this role it is expected that a two-stage interview process will be a requirement with an established member of the Technology team as well as key internal stakeholders.
Should you have any questions about the role or application process, please contact
HR@beryl.ccfor further information.