Head of Marketing and Communications
Here at Beryl, we have a clear vision: to build a better world by getting more people in cities and towns travelling on two wheels.
We aim to be the UK's leading micromobility company, delivering financially sustainable shared schemes to UK communities. As the only B-Corp micromobility operator, we care about community, safety, the environment, and beautiful design.
Beryl is growing, both nationally and internationally, and now is the most exciting time to join our team.
A senior communicator, the Head of Marketing and Communications leads Beryl's strategic marketing and communications delivery of activity. Working closely with Brand, Operations and Customer service, you define and drive the brand to a range of stakeholders, tailoring messaging and developing marketing and communications strategies to guide campaigns and activity. Building and leading the marketing team, you are essential to further developing our brand proposition and providing marketing direction across the organisation to support growth and business goals.
The role can be remote (UK-based) or office, hybrid based in our London or Manchester office. We'll consider a range of working setups that best supports the right candidate.
Contact email@example.com if you have any questions about the role.
- Experienced ideally in a high-growth tech/digital product company.
Exceptional communications, writing and presentation skills
- Experienced leading a remote/ geographically dispersed team with direct line reports, all from a range of marketing disciplines.
- You have a strong understanding of customer behaviour and how to optimise digital marketing to growing users.
- Analytical thinker. Able to solve problems on the go and evaluate for improvement, focusing on results and ROI.
- You are self-motivated and innovative, with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to react quickly and respond with grace under pressure
- Your experience in stakeholder engagement ensures you can operate at both tactical and strategic level
What the job involves
While the ideal candidate should fulfil most of the list below, we know that ideal candidates rarely exist, so we will consider all applications from people keen on learning to fill in any gaps.
- Own the marketing and communications output and overall strategy for growth in line with set targets.
- Support the team by developing the marketing strategy, planning and delivering initiatives nationally and locally in collaboration with local partners and the Beryl brand, product and operations teams.
- You will lead and support five direct reports, coaching, supporting and helping to improve ways of working.
- Work in multidisciplinary teams across product, brand policy and operations to develop and communicate the brand’s credentials, product developments and initiatives.
- Be a pragmatic strategist with a keen eye for executing consumer campaigns.
- Be a core part of the senior management team. You will work closely with heads of departments and the CEO to plan and manage the marketing budget to drive initiatives to maximise user acquisition and retention.
What we are offering in return
- The chance to build the business and help Beryl on our journey to become one of the biggest micromobility operators in the world.
- A combination of the highest quality team and product - we are winning work because of our ability to demonstrate that we are market-leading
- Enough autonomy and resources to make your vision a reality.
- Management buy-in at the highest level.
- A competitive salary of £55-65,000.
- A flexible working environment
- Access to our employee share option scheme
- A beautifully fitted-out, brand-new office space in Cambridge Heath.
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- 24 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Beryl Bikes membership
- Online perks and discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Family and friends' product discounts
At Beryl, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be fairly reviewed for the role without regard to race, religion, sexuality, age, disability, gender identity, nationality, or any other protected status.
While upholding the Equalities Act we are committed to continuing to improve our workplace culture and environment. To make sure we are supporting all staff, we have two mental health first aiders and take care to look out for one another. We value employees from diverse backgrounds and family arrangements, and have flexible working policies that support our staff in balancing their personal and work lives.
The following steps will be taken to ensure the application and recruitment process for our Head of Marketing and Communications role is as fair as possible, you should expect the following:
- We review all applications in the first 2 stages (Application/Shortlist) anonymously using redacting software.
- We cross reference all applications against a pre-set, job specific requirement matrix.
- Successful candidates will be subject to a two-stage interview with relevant internal stakeholders. A standardised question and scoring system will be used during the interview process
- Unsuccessful candidates will be provided with feedback on closure of the application process.
Successful candidates will be subject to reference or job-specific background checks after an offer of employment is made.