Account Director - Job Description
Location: London, E2 9DA
Here at Beryl, we have a clear vision: to build a better world by getting more people moving sustainably.
Our aim is to be the UK's leading micromobility company, delivering financially sustainable shared schemes to UK communities. As the only B-Corp micromobility operator, we care about community, safety, the environment, and beautiful design.
Beryl is growing, both nationally and internationally, and now is the most exciting time to join our team.
The Account Director will be responsible for managing the operational relationships of our portfolio of strategic accounts. You will be responsible for building highly effective, multi-level relationships with our local authority customers, delivering an excellent customer experience throughout.
You will be entrepreneurial, identify and promote opportunities to grow revenue and embed our services further into our live service areas. You will need to have the ability to deal efficiently and effectively with escalated client queries and be able to manage the client’s expectations achieving a high level of customer satisfaction. You will need to build relationships and knowledge of all internal teams in order to implement cross-functional change and to share best practice. You will need to have a keen eye for detail and be able to understand, review & analyse various streams of customer & internal data. You will be responsible for managing reporting requirements with our customers, ensuring this is fit for purpose.
This is an office-based role, however there will be regular occasions when the successful candidate will be required to visit client offices, attend appropriate trade events and meet with key external stakeholders.
The Account Director will translate the shared vision of Beryl, and the shared micromobility industry, understanding and advocating for the role our services play in building the health and sustainability of cities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following;
- Manage and grow an account management team to help support the growth and expansion of Beryl schemes and services, leading them to prioritise a culture of exemplary customer service;
- Be the point of contact for strategic accounts, support the team of account managers to effectively deliver daily customer service across our portfolio of customer groups;
- Work closely with our Head of Policy, Head of Marketing and Operational teams to ensure the availability of key client information, identification of obstacles and flag opportunities for growth;
- Coordination of business and client management information, to review with the customer and present to relevant internal stakeholders as appropriate;
- Identify new areas for service improvement, based on internal data and movements in industry in best practice;
- Set, monitor and deliver against growth targets from existing accounts and service areas;
- Identity new revenue opportunities to enhance and expand existing service delivery, working closely with the Head of Policy to ensure our schemes are delivering the strategic transport requirements for customers;
- Establish and analyse VOC results and identify remedial action required across all service areas and identify areas for operational improvement or new marketing initiatives;
- Demonstrate a full understanding of all KPIs and analyse new tender opportunities to assist the Business Development team in the development of profitable proposals.
While the ideal candidate should fulfil most of the list below, we know that ideal candidates rarely exist, so will consider all applications from people keen on learning to fill in any gaps.
- Previous experience within a Account Director or Senior Account Management position is essential;
- Proven delivery of long-term business opportunities through effective account management;
- Exceptional ability to identify, plan and execute plans for business development;
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills;
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills with excellent emphasis on attention to detail;
- A passion for micromobility and urban transportation is desirable;
- Strong financial acumen;
- Previous management experience is desirable but not a requirement.
What we are offering in return
- The chance to build the business and help Beryl on our journey to become one of the biggest micromobility operators in the world.
- A combination of the highest quality team and product - we are winning work because of our ability to demonstrate that we are market-leading
- Enough autonomy and resources to make your vision a reality.
- Management buy-in at the highest level.
- A flexible working environment
- Access to our employee share option scheme
- A beautifully fitted-out, brand-new office space in Cambridge Heath.
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- 24 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Beryl Bikes membership
- Online perks and discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Family and friends' product discounts
At Beryl, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be fairly reviewed for the role without regard to race, religion, sexuality, age, disability, gender identity, nationality, or any other protected status. We particularly welcome people from a BAME background or those who are disabled as they are currently under-represented in our workforce. If you wish to discuss reasonable adjustments for this role please indicate this within your application and we will be in touch with you.
While upholding the Equalities Act we are committed to continuing to improve our workplace culture and environment. We strive to support all staff and maintain an inclusive workplace, we champion and support mental health and wellbeing activities.
We value employees from diverse backgrounds and family arrangements, and have flexible working policies that support our staff in balancing their personal and work lives.
The following steps will be taken to ensure the application and recruitment process for our Account Director role as fair as possible, you should expect the following:
- We review all applications in the first 2 stages (Application/Shortlist) anonymously using redacting software.
- We cross reference all applications against a pre-set, job specific requirement matrix.
- Successful candidates will be subject to a two-stage interview with relevant internal stakeholders. A standardised question and scoring system will be used during the interview process.
- Unsuccessful candidates will be provided with feedback on closure of the application process.
- Successful candidates will be subject to reference or job-specific background checks after an offer of employment is made.
Application deadline: 6th June 2022
If you have any questions about the Account Director role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your query.