Back-end Team Lead - Job Description
Application Deadline: No deadline, but the role will be closed as soon as a suitable candidate is found, and applying for the role as soon as possible is advised.
Here at Beryl, we have a clear vision: to build a better world by getting more people moving sustainably.
We are the UK's leading micromobility company, delivering financially sustainable shared schemes to UK communities. As the only B-Corp micromobility operator, we care about community, safety, the environment, and beautiful design.
Beryl is growing nationally and now is the most exciting time to join our team.
Responsibilities for the role include but are not limited to:
- Line management of small team of developers
- Providing technical leadership for the team
- Planning and managing team workload and the strategic development of the platform
- Brainstorming system architectures with the rest of the dev team
- Designing and implementing Python-based microservice architecture components
- Maintaining and improving the CI/CD pipelines
- Maintaining and improving software supply chains
- Investigating and debugging issues raised in any environment
- Monitoring and stability of the production environment
- Contributing to weekly sprint planning
- Automating common tasks
Required skills and experience
While the ideal candidate should fulfil most of the list below, we know that ideal candidates rarely exist, so will consider all applications from people keen on learning to fill in any gaps.
- Line management or mentoring experience
- Experience in back-end development with Python and deploying and managing in production environments
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience deploying applications using Kubernetes
- Experience with Terraform/Salt/Ansible
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Experience integrating and maintaining platform monitoring tools such as DataDog
- Takes pride in readable, well-designed, well-tested software
What we are offering in return
- The opportunity to build business and help Beryl on our journey to become one of the
biggest micromobility providers in the world.
- A combination of the highest quality team and product - we are winning work because of our ability to demonstrate that we are market leading in both respects.
- Enough autonomy and resources to make your vision a reality.
- A flexible working environment
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- 24 days holiday, plus bank holidays and birthday
- Beryl Bikes membership
- Online perks and discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Family and friends product discounts
At Beryl, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be fairly reviewed for the role without regard to race, religion, sexuality, age, disability, gender identity, nationality, or any other protected status. We particularly welcome people from a BAME background or those who are disabled as they are currently under-represented in our workforce. If you wish to discuss reasonable adjustments for this role please indicate this within your application and we will be in touch with you.
While upholding the Equalities Act we are committed to continuing to improve our workplace culture and environment. We strive to support all staff and maintain an inclusive workplace, we champion and support mental health and wellbeing activities. We value employees from diverse backgrounds and family arrangements, and have flexible working policies that support our staff in balancing their personal and work lives.
The following steps will be taken to ensure the application and recruitment process for this role is as fair as possible, you should expect the following:
- We will review your answers to the application questions against a pre-set, job specific requirement matrix.
- A standardised question and scoring system will be used during the interview process, for this role it is expected that a two-stage interview process will be a requirement with an established member of the Technology team as well as key internal stakeholders.
Should you have any questions about the role or application process, please contact
email@example.com further information.