On-Street Operative - Norwich (Part-Time - 16 hours a week / 2 days)
Fixed Term Contract - 4 months
Here at Beryl, we have a clear vision: to build a better world by getting more people moving sustainably.
We aim to be the UK's leading micromobility company, delivering financially sustainable shared schemes to UK communities. As the only B-Corp micromobility operator, we care about community, safety, the environment, and beautiful design.
Beryl is growing, both nationally and internationally, and now is the most exciting time to join our team.
We are looking for a talented and versatile On-Street Operative to carry out the redistribution of our bikes and e-bikes. The role will help to support and maintain Beryl’s bike and e-scooter share scheme throughout the city of Norwich.
With an exciting recent expansion in our service area, our On-Street Operatives will be responsible for battery swaps of electric assets and simple vehicle repairs whilst ensuring our bays are tidy and accessible to our wonderful customer base.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure our bays and service areas are tidy with our available assets unified and ready to hire.
- Identify and report any complex asset issues via our in-built Beryl app.
- Follow Beryl training guidelines to complete minor asset repairs on-street
- Make sure all Beryl bays have the correct amount of available assets to hire.
- Provide general support to our customer base on-street, assist with hire enquiries and provide exemplary customer service.
- Help to support continuous service improvements
- Perform ad hoc tasks as required
- Comfortable riding a bicycle to redistribute our assets.
- Have a can-do attitude.
- Be punctual and highly motivated.
- Have flexibility with relation to shift allocation.
- Confident with lone working, being able to work well independently.
- Good local knowledge is an advantage.
At Beryl, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be fairly reviewed for the role without regard to race, religion, sexuality, age, disability, gender identity, nationality, or any other protected status. We particularly welcome people from a BAME background or those who are disabled as they are currently under-represented in our workforce. If you wish to discuss reasonable adjustments for this role please indicate this within your application and we will be in touch with you.
While upholding the Equalities Act we are committed to continuing to improve our workplace culture and environment. We strive to support all staff and maintain an inclusive workplace, we champion and support mental health and wellbeing activities.
We value employees from diverse backgrounds and family arrangements and have flexible working policies that support our staff in balancing their personal and work lives.
The following steps will be taken to ensure the application and recruitment process for our On-Street Operative is as fair as possible, you should expect the following:
- We review all applications in the first 2 stages (Application/Shortlist) anonymously using redacting software.
- We cross-reference all applications against a pre-set, job-specific requirement matrix.
- Successful candidates will be subject to a remote video interview. A standardised question and scoring system will be used during the interview process.
- Unsuccessful candidates will be provided with feedback on the closure of the application process.
Successful candidates will be subject to reference or job-specific background checks after an offer of employment is made.
If you have any questions regarding this role, please contact HR@beryl.cc for more information.