Here at Beryl, we have a clear vision: to build a better world by getting more people in cities moving sustainably.
Our aim is to be the UK's leading micromobility company, delivering sustainable, shared schemes to UK communities. As the only B-Corp micromobility operator, we care about community, safety, the environment, and effective design.
Beryl is growing nationally, and now is the most exciting time to join our team.
We are looking for talented and versatile Redistribution Driver & Field Operators to carry out the redistribution of our bikes and e-bikes. You will become a key component of the team by helping to deliver Beryl’s bike-share scheme in coordination with Greater Manchester’s ‘Bee Network’ travel plan.
Our Redistribution Driver & Field Operators will be responsible for keeping the wheels moving on our bikes and e-bikes. You will need to be conscientious, flexible and have a can-do attitude. Most importantly, you will be making yourself invaluable to the scheme and the community. You will have a wonderful opportunity to work within one of the country’s most exciting e-bike / cycle scheme providers, and take an integral role in our operations as one of our Redistribution Driver & Field Operators.
Ad hoc, and scheduled maintenance, including but not limited to;
- Carry out battery swaps for our fleet of e-bikes across Greater Manchester.
- Perform rebalancing tasks, which consists of collecting bikes in low-demand or over-supplied areas and placing them in more optimal areas.
- Search, find and collect bikes that need to be retrieved back to the warehouse.
- Continuously evaluate our deployment spots and make sure that our vehicles are deployed in a safe and compliant way, while being easily accessible to our riders.
Responsible for the in-field quality by identifying damaged bikes and parking docks, rebalancing wrongly parked bikes, etc.
- Being able to perform quick repairs in the field.
- Maintaining docking stations.
- Ensuring batteries are charged, swapped and accounted for at our local depot.
- Help to support continuous service improvements.
- Provide general help and support to our customer base on-street in a polite and helpful manner.
- Full and clean driving licence (you will require one days training so you can safely transport the e-bike batteries).
- Experienced and comfortable driving a medium sized van.
- Interest and experience in mechanics.
- Comfortable riding a bike.
- Comfortable using an app to complete jobs.
- Good local knowledge of Greater Manchester is advantageous.
- Competitive salary
- 32 days including Bank Holidays
- Online perks and discounts
- Family & Friends discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Enhanced Parental Leave
You will be working 40 hours a week on 5 days from Monday to Sunday. There will be some weekend work involved. Shifts are between 6am and 9pm.
At Beryl, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be fairly reviewed for the role without regard to race, religion, sexuality, age, disability, gender identity, nationality, or any other protected status. We particularly welcome people from a BAME background or those who are disabled as they are currently under-represented in our workforce. If you wish to discuss reasonable adjustments for this role please indicate this within your application and we will be in touch with you.
While upholding the Equalities Act we are committed to continuing to improve our workplace culture and environment. We strive to support all staff and maintain an inclusive workplace, we champion and support mental health and wellbeing activities.
We value employees from diverse backgrounds and family arrangements, and have flexible working policies that support our staff in balancing their personal and work lives.
The following steps will be taken to ensure the application and recruitment process for our Redistribution Driver & Field Operator role is as fair as possible, you should expect the following:
- We review all applications in the first 2 stages (Application/Shortlist) anonymously using redacting software.
- We cross reference all applications against a pre-set, job specific requirement matrix.
- Successful candidates will be subject to a 2 stage interview process arranged both virtually and face to face. A standardised question and scoring system will be used during the interview process.
- Unsuccessful candidates will be provided with feedback on closure of the application process.
Successful candidates will be subject to reference or job-specific background checks after an offer of employment is made.