We are looking for an experienced Operations Leader to join our rapidly growing business. The role will focus on leading and delivering the exciting micro-mobility contract we have with Transport for Greater Manchester, shaping and directing the local Operations Team, and be accountable for the continuing success of the contract. For the right candidate, the role will have significant wider responsibilities across our business, working with Beryl’s COO to develop and deliver a robust operational strategy that can support the rapidly scaling Beryl business and help build a service culture that enables all staff members to deliver the best they can at all times.
Closing date: 29th July 2022
Here at Beryl, we have a clear vision: to build a better world by getting more people in cities and towns travelling on two wheels.
We aim to be the UK's leading micromobility company, delivering financially sustainable shared schemes to UK communities. As the only B-Corp micromobility operator, we care about community, safety, the environment, and beautiful design.
Beryl is growing, both nationally and internationally, and now is the most exciting time to join our team.
Immediately accountable for the deployment and operational delivery of the TfGM - Beryl micromobility contract. It is anticipated that this will be a full-time element of the role for the first 6 to 9 months. Subject to successful progress the role over time will take on more strategic leadership accountabilities for Beryl.
The successful candidate will work closely with Programmes and Mobilisations, Service and Customer Success functions to build and embed “step and repeat” operational solutions that both deliver good practice standardisation and allow for Customer-specific requirements to be reflected locally.
Skills and Experience:
- 5 years senior leadership experience within a diverse and multi-site logistics Operations environment;
- Experience developing and delivering service and operational strategies;
- Proven experience leading, managing and developing people in an operational environment;
- Service orientated, can-do approach;
- Experience of leading teams to achieve the required standards of health, safety and quality assurance in a regulated and assessed environment;
- Understanding of performance regimes and resolution of problems and disputes;
- Excellent customer facing skills;
- Experience of managing sub-contractors and delivering service through third parties;
- Strong analytic and decision-making skills;
- Trustworthy, reliable and extremely flexible.
What we are offering in return
- Competitive salary
- The chance to build the business and help Beryl on our journey to become one of the biggest micromobility operators in the world.
- A combination of the highest quality team and product - we are winning work because of our ability to demonstrate that we are market-leading
- A flexible working environment
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- 24 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Beryl Bikes membership
- Online perks and discounts
- Family and friends' product discounts
- Birthdays off
At Beryl, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be fairly reviewed for the role without regard to race, religion, sexuality, age, disability, gender identity, nationality, or any other protected status.
While upholding the Equalities Act we are committed to continuing to improve our workplace culture and environment. To make sure we are supporting all staff, we have two mental health first aiders and take care to look out for one another. We value employees from diverse backgrounds and family arrangements, and have flexible working policies that support our staff in balancing their personal and work lives.
The following steps will be taken to ensure the application and recruitment process for our Senior Operations Manager role is as fair as possible, you should expect the following:
We review all applications in the first 2 stages (Application/Shortlist) anonymously using redacting software.
We cross-reference all applications against a pre-set, job-specific requirement matrix.
Successful candidates will be subject to a 2 stage interview process arranged virtually. A standardised question and scoring system will be used during the interview process.
Unsuccessful candidates will be provided with feedback on closure of the application process.
Contact HR@beryl.cc if you have any questions about the role.