Micromobility Planner - Job Description
London / Greater Manchester
Start date: ASAP
Closing date: 05/10/22
Here at Beryl, we have a clear vision: to build a better world by getting more people in cities moving sustainably...
Our aim is to be the UK's leading micromobility company, delivering financially sustainable shared schemes to UK communities. As the only B-Corp micromobility operator, we care about community, safety, the environment, and effective design.
Beryl is growing nationally, and now is the most exciting time to join our team.
We provide sustainable transport options to various cities nationwide through the provision of bike, e-bike and e-scooter schemes. We are looking for a talented Micromobility Planner to join our Operations department. The role will report to our Programme Manager or Scheme Lead.
The role will be primarily based in our London or Greater Manchester office, with flexibility to work from home when appropriate as agreed with the Line Manager. Site visits to new schemes in the planning phases will be essential. There will be opportunities to also visit our other bike, e-bike and e-scooter schemes.
This is a key role within the Programme and Delivery Team and its purpose is to lead site planning, from site identifications, approvals and permissions up to the point of installation. The role underpins achieving delivery of new and expansions of existing Beryl Bikeshare Schemes.
The Micromobility Planner will assist in developing, planning and stakeholder management for sites across our schemes.
You will achieve the above by ensuring that all projects adhere to the best practices and standard approaches for bay planning. You will be responsible for working with mobilisation leads and local authorities to locate and take sites through the necessary approvals process. The role will require active management of existing scheme sites and will require supporting regular programme reporting and communicating with our Customer project teams.
- Proven ability to take on responsibility, pursue excellence and see tasks through to completion;
- Exemplary communication skills with excellent written/oral communication skills for reports and presentations;
- Personable, proactive, professional and able to demonstrate full commitment to delivery and service in all activities and interact at all levels of the organisation;
- Work as a key member of the Programme & Delivery team and will take on responsibility for tasks singularly;
- Highly organised as will be managing a portfolio of work across multiple schemes.
Reporting to the Programme and Delivery Director, the Micromobility Planner will be responsible for:
- Research and analyse city data to inform our mobilisation;
- Lead Bay Planning activity from conception to install ready;
- Supporting mobilisation leads and Local Authorities to plan and design our schemes ensuring that they deliver maximum ridership;
- Support Scheme Leads with engagement and collaboration with local stakeholders and assist our community engagement;
- Maintain IT systems with correct bay information - including ArcGIS;
- Research best practice to continuously improve our offer to cities;
- Contribution to improving Beryl operations;
- Any other ad hoc tasks.
Experience & skills
While the ideal candidate should fulfil most of the list below, we know that ideal candidates rarely exist, so we will consider all applications from people keen on learning to fill in any gaps.
- Knowledge of transport policy and appraisal issues and techniques, and how bike share might be used to support and enhance other areas wider planning and policy;
- Experience in managing external and internal stakeholders;
- Ability to use or quickly learn different IT platforms;
- Professional communication skills;
- Highly efficient in planning and tasks assignment;
- Ability to be flexible and pragmatic;
- Experience in working in small companies and start-ups with fast moving scope;
- Have an excellent eye for detail;
- Be confident with using initiative as well as managing time;
- Have excellent communication skills;
- Be open to learning new skills.
What we are offering in return
- The opportunity to build business and help Beryl on our journey to become one of the biggest micro mobility providers in the world;
- A combination of the highest quality team and product - we are winning work because of our ability to demonstrate that we are market leading in both respects;
- Enough autonomy and resources to make your vision a reality;
- A flexible working environment;
- Cycle to Work Scheme;
- Enhanced Parental Leave;
- 24 days holiday, plus bank holidays;
- Beryl Bikes membership;
- Family and friends product discounts;
- Birthdays off;
- Employer pension contributions.
At Beryl, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be fairly reviewed for the role without regard to race, religion, sexuality, age, disability, gender identity, nationality, or any other protected status. We particularly welcome people from a BAME background or those who are disabled as they are currently under-represented in our workforce. If you wish to discuss reasonable adjustments for this role please indicate this within your application and we will be in touch with you.
While upholding the Equalities Act we are committed to continuing to improve our workplace culture and environment. We strive to support all staff and maintain an inclusive workplace, we champion and support mental health and wellbeing activities.
We value employees from diverse backgrounds and family arrangements, and have flexible working policies that support our staff in balancing their personal and work lives.
The following steps will be taken to ensure the application and recruitment process for our Micromobility Planning Coordinator is as fair as possible, you should expect the following:
- We review all applications in the first 2 stages (Application/Shortlist) anonymously using redacting software;
- We cross reference all applications against a pre-set, job specific requirement matrix;
- Successful candidates will be subject to a 2 stage interview process (phone screening and virtual interview). A standardised question and scoring system will be used during the interview process;
- Unsuccessful candidates will be provided with feedback on closure of the application process.
Successful candidates will be subject to reference or job-specific background checks after an offer of employment is made.
If you have any questions about the role or application process please contact HR@beryl.cc