Stores Manager - Greater Manchester
Here at Beryl, we have a clear vision: to build a better world by getting more people in cities moving sustainably.
Our aim is to be the UK's leading micromobility company, delivering financially sustainable shared schemes to UK communities. As the only B-Corp micromobility operator, we care about community, safety, the environment, and effective design.
Beryl is growing nationally, and now is the most exciting time to join our team.
We are looking for a talented and versatile experienced Stores Manager to oversee our newly established bike & scooter stores for all of our beryl schemes. You will become a key component of the team by helping to keep all Beryl’s bike-share & scooter schemes moving.
Our Stores Manager will be responsible for keeping the wheels moving. You will need to be conscientious, a problem solver, good communicator, flexible and have a can-do attitude. Most importantly, you will be making yourself invaluable to the schemes and the communities that rely on them. You will have a wonderful opportunity to work within one of the country’s most exciting cycle scheme providers, and take an integral role in our operations as our Stores Manager.
Ad hoc, and scheduled maintenance, including but not limited to;
- Manage the inventory in the warehouse.
- Oversee timely goods in, stock control, warehousing, and goods-out, along with uniform stock for all Beryl depots.
- Manage distribution across the UK operations.
- Setup layout and ensure efficient space utilisation.
- Adhere to all warehousing, handling and shipping legislation requirements.
- Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene and security.
- Manage stock control and reconcile with our inventory management system.
- Carry out monthly full stock take as required.
- Liaise with other depot’s and transport companies.
- Produce reports (IN/OUT status report, dead stock report etc).
- Receive feedback and monitor the quality of services provided.
- Responsible for managing Health and Safety within depot & building management.
- Lead on stand repairs & installation. Familiarise new starters with the process & ensure sufficient stock of parts/tooling.
- Ad-Hoc On Street support will be required to assist the business
- Proven work experience as a Warehouse Manager.
- Forklift licence
- Expertise in warehouse management procedures and best practices.
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives.
- Strong knowledge of warehousing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Hands on experience with warehouse management software and databases.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- 24 days plus Bank Holidays.
- Online perks and discounts.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Family and friends product discounts.
- Enhanced Parental Leave.
- Birthdays off
- Employer pension scheme
- Beryl bike membership
At Beryl, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be fairly reviewed for the role without regard to race, religion, sexuality, age, disability, gender identity, nationality, or any other protected status. We particularly welcome people from a BAME background or those who are disabled as they are currently under-represented in our workforce. If you wish to discuss reasonable adjustments for this role please indicate this within your application and we will be in touch with you.
While upholding the Equalities Act we are committed to continuing to improve our workplace culture and environment. We strive to support all staff and maintain an inclusive workplace, we champion and support mental health and wellbeing activities.
We value employees from diverse backgrounds and family arrangements, and have flexible working policies that support our staff in balancing their personal and work lives.
The following steps will be taken to ensure the application and recruitment process for our Stores Manager role is as fair as possible, you should expect the following:
- We review all applications in the first 2 stages (Application/Shortlist) anonymously using redacting software.
- We cross reference all applications against a pre-set, job specific requirement matrix
- Successful candidates will be subject to a 2 stage interview process arranged both virtually and face to face. A standardised question and scoring system will be used during the interview process
- Unsuccessful candidates will be provided with feedback on closure of the application process.
Successful candidates will be subject to reference or job-specific background checks after an offer of employment is made.
If you have any questions, please send your query to firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.