Mechanic - Watford
Here at Beryl, we have a clear vision: to build a better world by getting more people in cities and towns travelling on two wheels.
We aim to be the UK's leading micromobility company, delivering financially sustainable shared schemes to UK communities. As the only B-Corp micromobility operator, we care about community, safety, the environment, and beautiful design.
Beryl is growing, both nationally and internationally, and now is the most exciting time to join our team.
The role of mechanic at Beryl is central to what we do - maintaining micro-mobility vehicles for use in our schemes. We are building teams across the country and whilst each has a local flavour we will all work to the same standards, job requirements and targets to maintain the same open and supportive culture. We are a young business and we are still learning. All staff have a crucial part to play in this.
Beryl brings our teams together day to day operationally through our control room. Maintaining good records and operating to the same standards is key to our success and ability to grow, and allowing the control room to support every role in our schemes. Keeping records and supporting the wider Beryl team and through this is central to success for all of us.
As a Beryl Mechanic you will;
- Prioritise personal and workshop health and safety, flagging any concerns locally and speak directly to senior Beryl management if you have concerns that are not being addressed.
- At all times work to Beryl standards ensuring maintenance and vehicle builds provide safe vehicles to our Customers.
- Follow guidance from senior mechanics for complex jobs to continually improve your skill set.
- Keep accurate service and maintenance records whilst completing vehicle builds and repairs in our App.
- As required, update our stock control systems to ensure records are up to date
- Pass Beryl mechanics’ training and other internal qualifications that are needed to ensure we are all working to the same standards
- Help to support Beryl’s continual learning and improving by pointing out recurring issues with our vehicles
- Carry out some on-street redistribution and repair duties, if required.
- Keep yourself up to date with changes to processes and parts used on vehicles
- Be a team player, working and helping your local and the wider Beryl team
- Do general housekeeping in workshops and communal areas.
- Mechanical background and interest preferable.
- A keen interest in the micro-mobility sector.
- A full and clean driving licence is desirable.
- Good communication skills.
- Punctual with good time-keeping skills.
- Team player
- A quick learner, who is able to follow instructions
What we are offering in return
- The chance to build the business and help Beryl on our journey to become one of the biggest micromobility operators in the world.
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- 32 days holiday, including bank holidays
- Beryl Bikes membership
- Online perks and discounts
- Family and friends' product discounts
- Birthdays off
At Beryl, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be fairly reviewed for the role without regard to race, religion, sexuality, age, disability, gender identity, nationality, or any other protected status.
While upholding the Equalities Act we are committed to continuing to improve our workplace culture and environment. To make sure we are supporting all staff, we have two mental health first aiders and take care to look out for one another. We value employees from diverse backgrounds and family arrangements, and have flexible working policies that support our staff in balancing their personal and work lives.
The following steps will be taken to ensure the application and recruitment process for our Mechanic role is as fair as possible, you should expect the following:
1) We review all applications in the first 2 stages (Application/Shortlist) anonymously using redacting software.
2) We cross reference all applications against a pre-set, job specific requirement matrix.
3) Successful candidates will be subject to a 1 stage interview process arranged virtually. A standardised question and scoring system will be used during the interview process.
4) Unsuccessful candidates will be provided with feedback on closure of the application process.
Please contact HR@beryl.cc should you have any questions about the role or application process.