Application Deadline: There is no deadline for this application but the role will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate has been identified, and so early applications are encouraged.
Salary range: to £90k
Here at Beryl, we have a clear vision: to build a better world by getting more people moving sustainably.
Our aim is to be the UK's leading micromobility company, delivering financially sustainable shared schemes to UK communities. As the only B-Corp micromobility operator, we care about community, safety, the environment, and beautiful design.
Beryl is growing nationally and now is the most exciting time to join our team.
Responsibilities for the role include but are not limited to:
- A hands on senior developer who can find elegant solution for complex problems
- Line management of small team of developers
- Providing technical leadership for the team
- Brainstorming system architectures with the rest of the dev team
- Designing and implementing Python-based microservice architecture components
- Oversight of React-based server and web user interfaces
- Writing unit and integration tests
- Investigating and debugging issues raised in any environment
- Contributing to weekly sprint planning
- Contributing to open source projects
Required skills and experience
While the ideal candidate should fulfil most of the list below, we know that ideal candidates rarely exist, so will consider all applications from people keen on learning to fill in any gaps.
- Line management or mentoring experience
- Experience building web applications and back-end development in Python and
managing them in production environments
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience working with React is a bonus, but not essential
- Has developed containerised applications using Docker
- Experience building REST APIs
- Takes pride in readable, well-designed, well-tested software
What we are offering in return
- The opportunity to build business and help Beryl on our journey to become one of the biggest micromobility providers in the world.
- A combination of the highest quality team and product - we are winning work because of our ability to demonstrate that we are market leading in both respects.
- Enough autonomy and resources to make your vision a reality.
- A flexible working environment
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- 24 days holiday, plus bank holidays and birthday
- Beryl Bikes membership
- Online perks and discounts
- Family and friends product discounts
At Beryl, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be fairly reviewed for the role without regard to race, religion, sexuality, age, disability, gender identity, nationality, or any other protected status. We particularly welcome people from a BAME background or those who are disabled as they are currently under-represented in our workforce. If you wish to discuss reasonable adjustments for this role please indicate this within your application and we will be in touch with you.
While upholding the Equalities Act we are committed to continuing to improve our workplace culture and environment. We strive to support all staff and maintain an inclusive workplace, we champion and support mental health and wellbeing activities. We value employees from diverse backgrounds and family arrangements, and have flexible working policies that support our staff in balancing their personal and work lives.
The following steps will be taken to ensure the application and recruitment process for the role is as fair as possible, you should expect the following:
- We will review your answers to the application questions against a pre-set, job specific requirement matrix.
- A standardised question and scoring system will be used during the interview process, for this role it is expected that a two-stage interview process will be a requirement with an established member of the Technology team as well as key internal stakeholders.
Should you have any questions about the role or application process, please contact
firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.