The role of mechanic at Beryl is central to what we do - maintaining micro-mobility vehicles for use in our schemes. We are building teams across the country and whilst each has a local flavour we will all work to the same standards, job requirements and targets to maintain the same open and supportive culture. We are a young business and we are still learning. All staff have a crucial part to play in this.
Beryl brings our teams together day to day operationally through our control room. Maintaining good records and operating to the same standards is key to our success and ability to grow, and allowing the control room to support every role in our schemes. Keeping records and supporting the wider Beryl team and through this is central to success for all of us.
As a Beryl Mechanic you will;
- Work as part of out assembly team helping to build new bikes/e-bikes and pedal bikes for our schemes around the country
- Pallet Wrapping
- Loading/unloading deliveries
- Prioritise personal and workshop health and safety, flagging any concerns locally and speak directly to senior Beryl management if you have concerns that are not being addressed
- At all times work to Beryl standards ensuring maintenance and vehicle builds provide safe vehicles to our Customers
- Follow guidance from senior mechanics for complex jobs to continually improve your skill set
- Keep accurate service and maintenance records whilst completing vehicle builds and repairs in our App
- As required, update our stock control systems to ensure records are up to date
- Pass Beryl mechanics’ training and other internal qualifications that are needed to ensure we are all working to the same standards
- Help to support Beryl’s continual learning and improving by pointing out recurring issues with our vehicles
- Keep yourself up to date with changes to processes and parts used on vehicles
- Be a team player, working and helping your local and the wider Beryl team
- Do general housekeeping in workshops and communal areas
● Mechanical background and interest preferable.
● A keen interest in the micro-mobility sector.
● A full and clean driving licence is desirable.
● Good communication skills.
● Punctual with good time-keeping skills.
● A quick learner, who is able to follow instructions
Contract: 12 months Fixed-Term, starting ASAP
Reporting to: Operations and Production Manager