Here at Beryl, we have a clear vision: to build a better world by getting more people in cities moving sustainably...
Our aim is to be the UK's leading micromobility company, delivering sustainable shared schemes to UK communities. As the only B-Corp micromobility operator, we care about community, safety, the environment, and effective design.
Beryl is growing nationally, and now is the most exciting time to join our team.
We are looking for talented Bike Mechanics to join our Greater Manchester scheme. You will become a key component of the team by helping to deliver Beryl’s bike-share scheme in coordination with Greater Manchester’s ‘Bee Network’ travel plan.
Our Bike Mechanics are responsible for keeping the wheels moving. You will need to be conscientious, flexible and have a can-do attitude. Most importantly, you will be making yourself invaluable to the scheme and the wider community. You will have a wonderful opportunity to work within one of the country’s most exciting bike-share providers and maintain an integral role in our operations team.
Ad hoc and scheduled maintenance, including but not limited to;
- Complete bicycle strip down and rebuilds
- Minor and major repairs
- Quality assurance
- Keeping services and maintenance records
- Updating stock control systems
- On-street work (Redistribution, e-bike battery swaps, on-street repairs etc.)
- Helping to support continuous service improvements
- Experience of working in manufacturing, mechanical and/or an engineering front line environment
- A background in mechanical maintenance
- Keen interest in bicycles
- Driving licence is desirable
- Happy to work flexibly with rotational hours
- Fluency and good communication skills
- The opportunity to support Beryl becoming the country's largest micromobility provider
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- 32 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Family and friends product discounts
Please note, this position is shift-based with the working week running Monday to Sunday.
At Beryl, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be fairly reviewed for the role without regard to race, religion, sexuality, age, disability, gender identity, nationality, or any other protected status. We particularly welcome people from a BAME background or those who are disabled as they are currently under-represented in our workforce. If you wish to discuss reasonable adjustments for this role please indicate this within your application and we will be in touch with you.
While upholding the Equalities Act we are committed to continuing to improve our workplace culture and environment. We strive to support all staff and maintain an inclusive workplace, we champion and support mental health and wellbeing activities. We value employees from diverse backgrounds and family arrangements, and have flexible working policies that support our staff in balancing their personal and work lives.
The following steps will be taken to ensure the application and recruitment process for our Bike Mechanic role is as fair as possible, you should expect the following:
- We review all applications in the first 2 stages (Application/Shortlist) anonymously using redacting software.
- We cross reference all applications against a pre-set, job specific requirement matrix.
- Successful candidates will be subject to a 2 stage interview process. A standardised question and scoring system will be used during the interview process.
- Unsuccessful candidates will be provided with feedback on closure of the application process.
Successful candidates will be subject to reference or job-specific background checks after an offer of employment is made.